The quality of your order experience is important to us! As temperatures rise in the summer months, our warehouse team takes extra precaution packing products, such as chocolates and probiotics, that may be heat sensitive. To make sure your package is handled with the utmost care, these items are sometimes required to ship with an eco-friendly ice pack and insulation to keep them super fresh all the way to your front door.
We've worked closely with our brands and suppliers to find the "safe zone" for shipping these products to ensure that every product arrives at its freshest. From there, we analyze the weather forecast for your ZIP code and points along the path from our warehouse to your location to determine whether an item can be shipped to you without compromising quality.
- If there is zero risk to the product, the product ships as normal without special precautions (no cold pack)
- If it is a little warm, but not too warm, a cold care ice pack is added to your order (free of charge!)
- If the weather is too hot that precautions may fail, the product can not be purchased and is marked "Too hot to ship" until the temperature cools down. Feel free to check back the next day to see if it can ship.
It is important to note that these precautions are only needed for select months of the year and when our Cold Care program is deactivated, ice packs are no longer needed or issued for the select products.
Our cold care ice packs are...
- Gel-based -- they keep your food extra fresh and cold, and they’re environmentally friendly (works as nitrogen based plant food!)
- Reusable -- put them in your freezer for when you need to keep foods and drinks cold on-the-go.
- Recyclable -- cut the packs open, pour the non-toxic gel into the trash (or plants that can handle a nitrogen boost!), and drop the plastic off for recycling.
If you are anticipating an ice pack in your order, look for a large, white, "puffy envelope" with a print or sticker that will say "Look Inside!" as seen below: